There are a few things you should do after getting any type of piercing. You should always keep the area …
ear piercing aftercare
There are a few things you should know about ear piercing aftercare in order to minimize any potential problems.
– Clean the area with soap and water as soon as possible after getting your ear pierced. Make sure to use a sterilizing solution if you are using a new piercing.
– Do not swim or exercise heavily for at least 48 hours after getting your ear pierced. Swimming can cause the earring to pull out, and exercise can cause the piercing to reopen.
– Apply an antibiotic ointment to the piercing every day for the first week. This will help to prevent infection.
– Avoid touching the piercing directly with your hands. Use a sterile cloth instead.
– Avoid using scented products on the piercing. These can irritate the skin.